LEADS – Specialized Employment Services for Survivors of Violence / Abuse
WorkBC LEADS is a 12-week group-based program for survivors of violence and/or abuse, combining employment workshops from a resilience-informed perspective, and one-to-one coaching sessions.
This program is divided into 5 pathways and leads to enhanced wellness, strengthened confidence and increased employability. Our mission is to assist people to take the lead in their own lives and have the freedom to work on their personal healing while gaining skills for job search and leads to potential employment.
Topics covered include Vision & Goals Setting, Building & Maintaining Safety, Career Research and Confidence Building, Addressing & Overcoming Impacts of Violence/Abuse, Resume and Cover Letters, and other relevant topics.
- Delivered by a trained trauma and resilience-informed career advisor
- Group workshops and one-to-one support
- Job development and job coaching support
- Access to personal counselling sessions*
- Assists job seekers to prepare, find and maintain employment
- Financial assistance for transit, food vouchers, light refreshments, work clothing, occupational training and child care top-up costs*
- Community referrals & access to other WorkBC Services
Services and Program Incentives may include*:
- Group Workshops & Employment Coaching
- Childcare Top-up Costs
- Food Cards
- Clothing Support
- Bus Transportation Costs
*Subject to funding and eligibility for WorkBC Employment Services
It will be delivered fully online, meaning it can be accessed at home, with just a computer/tablet/phone and internet connection. If you need support with accessing this technology, contact us and we can work with you.
Contact us today for more information.
Please contact Erin Grace by email or call 604-908-1227